Aims And Objectives Of The Department
In keeping with the policy of the Department, during its few years of existence seeks to bring about development of the backward areas by improving the socio-economic condition and infrastructural development. The objectives of the Department are as indicated below:
- Supervision of implementation of job reservation quota for Tuensang, Longleng, Kiphire and Mon Districts in various Government Services in Nagaland.
- Supervision, Monitoring and Evaluation of developmental activities undertaken by various Departments of the Government of Nagaland and other agencies including special schemes being implemented exclusively in
Tuensang, Longleng, Kiphire and Mon Districts.
- Functions as Public Grievances Cell for Tuensang, Longleng, Kiphire and Mon Districts.
- Suggests policy inputs on Social, Economic and Educational development of the 4 (Four) backward Districts.
- Administers the Backward Areas Development Program and Centrally Sponsored Schemes of Border Area Development Program wherever applicable.
- Planning and administration of Other Special Development Program under the State and Central Government schemes as may be specified for the purpose.
- Co-ordination with other Departments for implementation of developmental schemes in the Underdeveloped Areas.
- Calls for any information from other Departments with respect to the affairs of the Underdeveloped Areas.
- To carry out other research and expert studies with a view to bring these districts at par with the rest of the state.
- To carry out any other functions / assignments assigned to the Department from time to time.